Campaign of the Month: June 2012
Racial Adjustments - Dwarves
Bitori Racial Traits
• Description: The Bitori are the standard race of Dwarves in the world. They hail from Marak-Dün, the undermountain kingdom north of the Free Kingdoms on the Western Continent. They are in every way identical to standard Dwarves from the PCR.
• +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Bitori are stout and wise, and tend to be gruff and reserved.
• Medium: As medium creatures, Bitori have not special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Slow and Steady: Bitori base land speed is 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
• Darkvision: Bitori can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
• Defensive Training: Bitori get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
• Greed: Bitori receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to determine the price of non- magical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
• Hatred: Bitori receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblin subtypes due to special training against these hated foes.
• Hardy: Bitori receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell like abilities.
• Stability: Bitori receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Defense Maneuver when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
• Stonecunning: Bitori receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks to potentially notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actually looking.
• Weapon Familiarity: Bitori are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” or “Bitori” in its name as a martial weapon.
• Maker’s Gifts: Bitori are blessed with the Maker’s five gifts, and may be brought back to life four times.
• Automatic Language: Common or Freespeak and Dwarftongue.
• Bonus Languages: Ancient Dwarven, Cymbric, Freespeak, Gnomish, Gobtalk, Thulish, Juiss, Nokolish, Old Empire, Terran and Undercommon.
Bitori Alternate Racial Traits:
Ancient Enmity: Bitori have long been in conflict with elves, especially the hated drow. Bitori with this racial trait receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the elf subtype. This racial trait replaces the hatred racial trait.
Craftsman: Bitori are known for their superior craftsmanship when it comes to metal and stone works. Bitori with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks that create objects from metal or stone. This racial trait replaces the greed racial trait.
Deep Warrior: Bitori with this racial trait grew up facing the abominations that live deep beneath the surface. They receive a +2 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the aberration type and a +2 racial bonus to their CMB on attempts made to grapple such crea- tures (or to continue a grapple). This racial trait re- places the defensive training racial trait.
Lorekeeper: Bitori keep extensive records about their history and the world around them. Bitori with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (history) skill checks that pertain to dwarves or their enemies. They can make such skill checks untrained. This racial trait replaces the greed racial trait.
Magic Resistant: Some of the older dwarven clans are particularly resistant to magic. Bitori with this ra- cial trait gain spell resistance equal to 5 + their character level. This resistance can be lowered for 1 round as a standard action. Bitori with this racial trait take a –2 penalty on all concentration checks made in relation to arcane spells. This racial trait replaces the hardy racial trait.
Relentless: Bitori are skilled at pushing their way through a battlefield, tossing aside lesser foes with ease. Bitori with this racial trait receive a +2 bonus on Combat Maneuver checks made to bull rush or overrun an opponent. This bonus only applies while both the dwarf and his opponent are standing on the ground. This racial trait replaces the stability racial trait.
Stonesinger: Some Bitori’s affinity with the earth grants them greater powers. Bitori with this racial trait are treated as 1 level higher when casting spells with the earth descriptor or using granted powers of the Earth domain, the bloodline powers of the earth elemental bloodline, and revelations of the oracle’s stone mystery. This ability does not give the Bitori early ac- cess to level-based powers; it only affects powers the Bitori could use without this ability. This racial trait replaces the stonecunning racial trait.
Stubborn: Bitori are renowned for being stubborn. Bitori with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Will saves to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) and enchantment (compulsion) schools. In addition, if they fail such a save, they receive another save 1 round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming it has a duration greater than 1 round). This second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the dwarf has a similar ability from another source (such as a rogue’s slippery mind), he can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try one on the second round if the first re-roll ability fails). This racial trait replaces the hardy racial trait.