Campaign of the Month: June 2012
Racial Adjustments - Halflings
The Halflings of CRIMSON SKIES are called Bantami.
+2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Bantami are nimble and strong-willed, but their small stature makes them weaker than other races.
Small: Bantami are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
Slow Speed: Bantami have a base speed of 20 feet.
Fearless: Bantami receive a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by halfling luck.
Halfling Luck: Bantami receive a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
Keen Senses: Bantami receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
Sure-Footed: Bantami receive a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb skill checks.
Maker’s Gifts: Bantami are blessed with the Maker’s five gifts, and may be brought back to life four times.
Weapon Familiarity: Bantami are proficient with slings and treat any weapon with the word “halfling” in its name as a martial weapon.
Languages: Bantami begin play speaking Common or Freespeak and Bantami. Halflings with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Dwarftongue, any region appropriate Human tongue, Gnome, Gobtalk and Sylvan.
Bantami Alternate Racial Traits:
• Craven: While most Bantami are fearless, some are skittish, making them particularly alert. Bantami with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus on initiative checks and a +1 bonus on attack rolls when flanking. They suffer a –2 penalty on fear saves and gain no benefit from morale bonuses on fear saves. When affected by a fear effect, their base speed increases by 10 feet and they gain a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class. This racial trait replaces the fearless and half ling luck racial traits.
• Low Blow: Some Bantami train extensively in how to attack larger creatures. Halflings with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus on critical confirmation rolls against opponents larger than themselves. This racial trait replaces the keen senses racial trait.
• Outrider: Some Bantami specialize in mounted combat. Bantami with this racial trait gain a +2 bonus on Handle Animal and Ride checks. This racial trait replaces the sure-footed racial trait.
• Practicality: Bantami are grounded in hard work and common sense. Bantami with this racial trait gain a +2 bonus on any one Craft or Profession skill, as well as on Sense Motive checks and saves against illusions. This racial trait replaces the fearless and sure-footed racial traits. • Swift as Shadows: Bantami possess incredible stealth even while moving through obstructed areas. Bantami with this racial trait reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5, and reduce the Stealth check penalty for sniping by 10. This racial trait replaces the sure- footed racial trait.
• Underfoot: Bantami must train hard to effectively fight bigger opponents. Bantami with this racial trait gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC against foes larger than themselves and a +1 bonus on Reflex saving throws to avoid trample attacks. This racial trait replaces the half ling luck racial trait.
• Wanderlust: Bantami love travel and maps. Ban- tami with this racial trait receive a +2 bonus on Knowledge (geography) and Survival checks. When casting spells or using abilities that provide or en- hance movement, halflings treat their caster level as +1 higher than normal. This racial trait replaces the fearless and half ling luck racial traits.
• Warslinger: Bantami are experts at the use of the sling. Halflings with this racial trait can reload a sling as a free action. Reloading a sling still requires two hands and provokes attacks of opportunity. This racial trait replaces the sure-footed racial trait.